Bacon & Bourbon Root Beer Float
It's the best of both worlds when bacon and bourbon collide.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
6 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
6 ounces of Bourbon
3 cups of Root Beer
1 1/3 cups of Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet and lay slices of bacon on it.
3. Cook the bacon for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the slices of bacon evenly with brown sugar and cook for an additional 5 minutes until crunchy.
4. Once the bacon is cool, chop into tiny pieces. Set aside.
5. In a large measuring cup, add bourbon and root beer. Stir to combine and set aside.
6. Evenly divide the ice cream between four tall glasses. Fill each glass with a quarter of the bourbon and root beer mixture.
7. Sprinkle with the bacon bits and let the good times roll!