Bacon Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen Oriental-style vegetables thawed and drained
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 2 egg(s) beaten
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper(s) cut into thin strips
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Farmland® Lower Sodium Bacon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain, crumble and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook until eggs are set, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove eggs; slice into thin strips and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to wok and increase temperature to high. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add red pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add Oriental vegetables; continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add bacon and rice; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Combine broth, cornstarch and soy sauce; blend until cornstarch dissolves. Add broth mixture to vegetables in wok. Heat, stirring constantly, until the liquid begins to bubble and thicken. Add egg slices and gently blend, until heated.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|