Bacon Primavera on Linguine
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Farmland® Hickory Smoked Bacon - Classic Cut
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen Italian-style vegetables
- 4 ounces linguine uncooked
- 3 cups milk or half-and-half
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cook bacon according to package directions. Crumble and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large saucepan, saute garlic in olive oil. Add milk or half-and-half, basil, oregano and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced by one-third. Stir in vegetables. Return to a simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; toss to coat pasta with sauce. Transfer to serving container. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and remaining Parmesan cheese.