Bacon Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1/2 pound (8 slices) Farmland® Hickory Smoked Bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pkg. (4.3 to 6 ounces each) long grain and wild rice mix
- water amount called for on rice mix pkg.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Cook bacon in large saucepan over medium heat until browned but not crisp; drain.
- Mix together bacon, rice mix with seasoning, water and almonds; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.