Bacon Zucchini One Dish Meal
- Prep Time: 75 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 Farmland® Hickory Smoked Bacon cooked crisp, drain and crumble
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onion chopped
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper(s) chopped
- 4 cups zucchini squash thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, green onion and bell pepper; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add zucchini; stir-fry 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomatoes and green chiles, oregano, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- Arrange half vegetables in 2-quart casserole. Top with half crumbled bacon and half tomato mixture. Sprinkle with all Cheddar cheese. Layer with remaining vegetables, bacon and tomato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350°F. for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.