BLT with Avocado Mayonnaise
- Prep Time: Ready in 20 minutes
- Serves: Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. Farmland® Hickory Smoked Bacon - Center Cut
- 1 large avocado peeled, seeded, mashed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion(s)
- 2 to 4 teaspoons chopped jalapeno chiles
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 slices multigrain bread toasted
- 2 large tomato sliced
- 4 Bibb or leaf lettuce leaves
- Cook bacon according to package directions; drain.
- Combine mashed avocado, mayonnaise, green onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and hot pepper sauce in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread avocado mixture on one side of each slice of toasted bread. Layer tomato, lettuce, and 4 to 5 slices of bacon onto 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining toasted bread slices.