Cornbread Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Prep Time: Ready in 1 hour 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 7 slices Farmland® Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red cooking apples (ie: Rome, Jonathan)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove(s) finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- apple cider (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 (1 1/2 to 2 lb.) Farmland® Simply Natural* Boneless Pork Tenderloin
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cook 3 slices bacon in large skillet according to package directions; drain. Crumble.
- Carefully pour all but 1 tablespoon grease from pan; add butter. Cook onion, apple, celery, garlic, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper until onions are tender. Stir in crumbled bacon and cornbread stuffing. Stir in enough apple cider to moisten stuffing.
- Place 4 remaining slices of bacon about 2 inches apart down center of 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Cut down center of tenderloin but not all the way through; lay flat on top of bacon slices.
- Spoon stuffing over top of tenderloin; wrap bacon slices around tenderloin, overlapping on top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until internal temperature of stuffing reaches 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.