Greek Pork Tenderloin Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce
- Prep Time: 13 hours
- Serves: Makes 8 sandwiches
- 1 (19.2-oz) Farmland® Deep Basted™ EXTRA TENDER™ Boneless Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 (8-inch) pita bread(s) heated
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup (4-oz.) crumbled Feta cheese
- To make Tzatziki Sauce combine yogurt, cucumber, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, dill weed, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix well; cover and refrigerate.
- Cut pork into 1x1-inch pieces; place in zipper storage bag. Combine onion, oil, oregano, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; pour over pork in zipper bag. Seal bag; marinate 12 to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork and marinade until no longer pink.
- Divide pork evenly into heated pita bread. Top each gyro with Tzatziki sauce, shredded lettuce, diced tomato and feta. Serve immediately.