Green Beans 'N Corn With Bacon
- Prep Time: Ready in 20 minutes
- Serves: Makes 5 cups
- 6 slices Farmland® Thick Sliced Bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove(s) minced
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen green beans thawed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel sweet corn thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper(s)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; drain.
- Carefully pour all but 1 tablespoon grease from pan. Add onions; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic. Add green beans, corn, bell pepper and butter. Cover; cook 4 to 5 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in bacon, lemon zest and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately