Ham Hocks with Collard Greens
- Prep Time: 1 hour & 45 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 2 Farmland® Smoked Ham Hocks
- 1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 lb. collard greens washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- balsamic vinegar
- Place ham hocks, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes in stock pot. Cover with water; bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- In large skillet, cook onion and remaining 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until transparent and tender. Set aside.
- Add collard greens to stock pot with hocks and continue to cook 45 minutes or until tender. Add more water if needed.
- Remove ham hocks to serving plate. Add sautéed onions, white vinegar, and sugar to collard greens; cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- To serve, spoon collards onto plates. Top with ham hock and drizzle with balsamic vinegar to taste.