Hot Dog & Potatoes Italiano
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green bell pepper(s)
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. Farmland® Premium Franks - Black Angus Jumbo Beef
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms sliced
- 2 (16-oz.) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 medium baked potatoes hot
- Slice hot dogs into 1/4-inch pieces; place in saucepan. Add other ingredients except potatoes and cheese.
- Cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until green pepper is crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Place hot, baked potatoes on serving plates. Make slit in top of each; press to open. Spoon filling onto potatoes. Garnish with cheese, if desired.