Italian Brunch Bake
- Prep Time: 70 minutes (8 hour chill time)
- Serves: 12
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus asparagus (1-inch slices)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion(s)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. Farmland Farmland® Cubed Turkey
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 egg(s)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices Italian bread
- Saute vegetables in butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in turkey cubes.
- Make 3 sandwiches using 1 tablespoon pesto and 2 slices bread for each; press together firmly. Cut each sandwich into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Layer half of bread cubes in bottom of greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and turkey mixture. Complete layers with remaining bread cubes and Parmesan cheese.
- Beat together eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and pepper; pour over bread, pushing bread into milk mixture to moisten. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish; bake 40 to 45 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.