Mexi-Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 6
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper(s)
- 8 egg(s)
- 1 cup milk
- 12 Farmland® Pork Sausage Links - Fully-Cooked , thawed and cut into thirds
- 1 (8 1/2-oz.) pkg. corn muffin mix
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) taco-flavored or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion(s)
- 1 (11-oz.) can mexi-corn, drained
- Heat oven to 350°F. Sauté mushrooms and bell peppers in small skillet until tender-crisp.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs and milk. Stir in sausage, mushrooms, peppers, mexi-corn, muffin mix, cheese and green onions. Pour into greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve topped with salsa.
- Quick Breakfast Tip: Prepare this recipe on the weekend or in the evening. Cut into serving pieces, then wrap tightly and freeze. Microwave a single serving until heated through, then top with salsa to serve. For breakfast on the go, try wrapping warmed casserole in a flour tortilla.