Mexican Hat Dance Sausage Strata
- Prep Time: 1 hour (4 hours chill time)
- Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper(s)
- 2 to 3 jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 24 (1/4-inch thick) slices French bread (about 1 lb.)
- 5 egg(s)
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; drain. Add onions, bell peppers and chiles to skillet; sauté until tender. Stir in corn; cook until heated through.
- Arrange 12 slices of bread in bottom of lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish. Top with sausage mixture. Arrange remaining 12 slices of bread over top.
- Beat together eggs, milk, garlic salt, cumin, oregano and cayenne; pour over sausage and bread layers. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes until lightly browned and set. Garnish with cilantro. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.