- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 32 appetizers
- 1/4 cup chopped onion optional
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. Farmland® Sandwich Style - Cotto Salami
- 8 (9-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup sliced chiles optional
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Coarsely chop salami; set aside. Lightly coat one side of one tortilla with water. Place tortilla, moistened side down, on heated griddle.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa on tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of each of the optional ingredients as desired. Add 1/4 of the salami and 1/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Cover with another tortilla; brush top lightly with water. Press tortilla lightly to seal.
- Cook on griddle until bottom tortilla is slightly browned. Turn quesadilla and brown on second side. Remove from griddle. Allow to cool slightly before cutting each into 8 wedges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.