Smoked Pork Sausage & Sweet Corn Succotash
This traditional vegetable dish gets a delicious update that's loaded with smoky flavor.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
8 oz. of Farmland® Hickory-Smoked Smoked Sausage, Pork & Turkey, diced
1/2 cup of Pearl Onions, quartered
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced thin
1 teaspoon of Jalapeño Chile, diced
1 cup of Sweet Corn
1/2 cup of Edamame, cooked
1 Red Pepper, Roasted, Diced
1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
1 tablespoon of Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 tablespoon of Chopped Fresh Chives
1 cup of Okra, halved, charred on grill
Lemon Zest, for garnish
1. In large sauté pan, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and sear until browned. Remove and reserve. (Alternatively, grill sausage for different flavor profile.)
2. Add pearl onions and cook until lightly caramelized. Add garlic and jalapeño, cooking for 1 minute more.
3. Add sweet corn, edamame, roasted red peppers and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté briefly to warm through.
4. Add red wine vinegar along with fresh herbs. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. Add grilled okra and reserved sausage. Garnish with fresh lemon zest.