Smoked Sausage Jambalaya
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 lb. Farmland® Smoked Sausage Rope cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium bell pepper(s) chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. red beans and rice mix
- 3 cups water
- hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup french fried onions
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut sausage slices in half. Saute sausage, bell pepper and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add red beans & rice mix and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in hot sauce to taste. Sprinkle top with cheese and fried onions; let stand 5 minutes.