Sweet & Sour Pork
- Prep Time: 9 hours
- Serves: 8
- 1 1/2 pounds Farmland® Deep Basted™ EXTRA TENDER™ Boneless Pork Loin - Center Cut cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (20-oz.) can unsweetened pineapple chunks undrained
- 1 small onion cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium green bell pepper(s) cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Brown pork cubes in large skillet.
- Mix together pork, pineapple, onion, chicken broth, vinegar, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours (High: 4 to 6 hours).
- Turn slow cooker to High. Mix together cornstarch and water; add to slow cooker along with bell peppers. Cover and cook 30 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.