Bacon and Mushroom Frittata with Spinach and Gouda
Brighten up each morning with individual frittatas featuring Farmland’s All Natural Uncured Bacon.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
1 tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
6 slices of Farmland® Bacon, large dice
1 1/2 cups of Mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup of diced Yellow Onion
4 cloves of Garlic, sliced
1 pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
2 cups of Fresh Spinach
6 Eggs, whisked with 2 tablespoons milk
1 cup of Smoked Gouda, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium nonstick pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
3. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate and reserve. Keep bacon fat in pan.
4. To pan with bacon fat, add mushrooms and cook until well browned. Remove and reserve.
5. Add onions and cook until softened; add garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes.
6. Add red pepper flakes and spinach. Cook until spinach just starts to wilt.
7. Return bacon and mushrooms to spinach mixture and add eggs, stirring to combine.
8. Top with smoked Gouda and place in oven. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until eggs are just set.