Bacon-Bleu Burger Salad
Make the Best of Everything Blogger
8 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
4-6 stripes of Farmland® Applewood Hickory Smoked Bacon
2 quarter pound of hamburger patties (cooked)
1 small of onion (caramelized)
1 tablespoon of olive oil (for caramelizing the onion)
1 avocado (chopped)
1 cup of grape tomatoes (chopped)
1/4 cup of crumbled bleu cheese
1-2 scallions (chopped)
1/4 cup of maple balsamic vinegar salad dressing
SALAD DRESSING Ingredients
1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup of olive oil
1/8 cup of maple syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare ingredients. Wash, dry and chop romaine lettuce and arrange in a large salad bowl, or in individual salad bowls.
2. Cook beef patty on the grill or on stovetop.
3. Cook Farmland Applewood Smoked Bacon according to the instructions on the package.
4. Caramelize onion in olive oil.
5. Cut avocado into small pieces.
6. Cut baby tomatoes in 1/2 and chop scallion.
7. Prepare Maple-Balsamic salad dressing.
8. On top of the lettuce, arrange the other salad toppings to your liking. Add Bacon, chopped hamburger, avocado, bleu cheese, tomatoes, caramelized onions and scallions.
9. Drizzle with salad dressing before eating.
Salad Dressing Directions
In a measuring cup or bowl, add all the ingredients and whisk for 10-20 seconds.