Leave a little something more then just cookies for Santa. He'll love these Farmland Bacon Blondies.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
6 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup of lightly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
12 oz. of bag of dark chocolate chunks
6 oz. of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon on the baking sheet and bake for for 10-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and place on a paper towel. Let cool then cut into small pieces. Pick up the aluminum foil and use it to funnel the bacon drippings into a measuring cup (see note below).
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Use cooking spray to grease a 12.25 x 10.25 x 2.25 inch baking pan.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, bacon fat, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on high speed for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla and eggs, and mix well, scraping down the bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and with the mixer still on low, slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Fold the bacon and chocolate in with a rubber spatula.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan and cut into bars.
5. Note: About 4 tablespoons of bacon drippings from six slices of thick-cut bacon. If you get more, reduce the amount of butter. If you get less, increase the amount of butter.