Need something to make for the big game? These sweet and savory bacon chocolates will make the ultimate play.
2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of honey-roasted peanuts
8 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter
6 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, chopeed
1. Cook 8 slices of bacon according to package.
2. Process in a food processor for 20 to 30 seconds the brown sugar, salt, honey-roasted peanuts and 6 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon. Place mixture into small bowl and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Shape chilled mixture into rounded 3/4-inch balls. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill for 1 hour.
4. Chop remaining bacon slices. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Dip chilled bacon balls into chocolate. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle top of chocolate balls with bacon. Chill 30 minutes before serving.
5. Enjoy. If you have truffles remaining, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.