Bacon-Stuffed French Toast Rolls with Whipped Mascarpone
Brighten up your morning with this Bacon stuffed French Toast recipe.
1 cup of heavy cream
8 oz. of mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon of honey
8 slices of white bread
8 slices of Farmland® Thick Cut Bacon, cooked
3 tablespoons of milk
1/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1. In bowl of food processor, whisk heavy cream until slightly thickened. Add in mascarpone and honey and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
1. Take each piece of bread and flatten with rolling pin to ¼ of original thickness.
2. Place slice of bacon on each bread slice. Roll up bread tightly.
3. In shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. In separate bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
4. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat; melt butter. Dip each roll into egg mixture; then place seam-side down in pan. Cook until golden brown on all sides.
5. Once browned, transfer to cinnamon-sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly.
6. Top with whipped mascarpone and sliced strawberries.