Bacon Weave Turkey
At Farmland, we believe every bird could use a little bacon. So here you have it in all its glory: our Bacon Weave Turkey recipe.
13 slices of Farmland® Thick Cut Bacon
BACON HERB BUTTER
remaining raw bacon
1 cup of butter
1/2 cup of sage
1/4 cup of rosemary
1. Make Bacon Mat with 13 slices of bacon; 6 vertical and 7 horizontal slices.
2. Interlace the bacon in alternating up/down format.
1. Time to make the Bacon Herb Butter - Use the remaining raw bacon, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sage, 1/2 cup rosemary. Mix.
2. Pull skin away from meat. Stuff 3/4 of Bacon Herb Butter under skin.
3. Spreak remaining 1/4 Bacon Herb Butter over top of turkey - concentrating on legs and wings.
4. Stuff into turkey cavity - 2 stalks celery (quartered), 1 large yellow onion (quartered), 1 bunch sage and 1/2 bunch rosemary.
5. Carefully lift Bacon Mat off cutting board and place over top of turkey. Re-weave and fix (if necessary) so the bacon lays nice.
6. Roast turkey 20 minutes at 450 degrees. Then turn temperature down 350 degrees and roast until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.