Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
Created by Chef Carlos Gaytan of Mexique
1/4 cup of peas
1/4 cup of cooked carrots, cubed
1/4 cup of cooked potatoes, cubed
1/4 cup of jalapenos, minced
1/4 cup of raisins
1/4 cup of almonds
1/4 cup of asadero cheese*
1/2 cup of ground chicken
1 teaspoon of ground cumin powder
1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
6 halves of chicken breast, boned and skinned
18 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients except chicken breast and season well to make stuffing filling.
3. On a baking sheet, place 18 slices of bacon in groups of three and place chicken breast atop three slices. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat for all six chicken breasts.
4. Slice each chicken breast in half and stuff with 3 tablespoons of stuffing mixture and individually wrap each chicken breast with three slices of bacon.
5. When done, use butcher string to tie the bacon around each breast, tight enough so the chicken breast won't open while cooking.
6. Cook in the oven for 16 - 20 minutes.
*Use queso fresco as substitute for asadero cheese if unabailable