Baked Eggs in Avocado with Bacon
Prep Time: 30 mins.
1 avocado, halved and pitted
Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
2 slices of Pure Farmland® Uncured Bacon, cooked, crumbled
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of chopped chives
Smoked paprika, for garnish
Hot sauce of choice (optional), for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Spray baking sheet or glass baking pan with cooking spray.
3. Cut avocado in half. Scoop about an additional 1-2 tablespoons out of avocado to create a well for eggs.
4. Place avocados flesh-side up on prepared baking sheet or glass pan.
5. Gently crack 1 egg in each avocado well, making sure to keep yolk intact.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until eggs are desired temperature.
7. Top with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese and chopped chives.
8. Garnish with paprika and hot sauce.