BBQ Bacon Trail Mix
Pair this BBQ Bacon Tail Mix with a picnic in the park for a sweet yet salty, simple summer recipe.
4 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
1/2 cup of cashews
1/2 cup of pecans
1/2 cup of sesame sticks
1/4 cup of cacao nibs
1/4 cup of almonds
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 cup of barbecue sauce
6 dried apricots, thinly sliced
3 dried figs, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit. Place bacon onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet fitted with a wire rack. Brush bacon with maple syrup and bake until the fat has rendered and the bacon is dry like jerky. Approximately 1 - 1.5 hours. Set aside to cool then break or chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Turn oven temperature up to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
3. On the stove, heat a 12" skillet over medium; toast cashews, pecans, sesame sticks, cacao nibs, almonds, and pumpkin seeds until fragrant and beginning to color, 3 - 5 minutes.
4. Add butter, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, and cumin; toss to melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in barbecue sauce. Spread evenly onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Place baking sheet into over and bake until mixture is dry and toasted about 25 minutes. Mix occasionally.
6. Stir in reserved bacon, the apricots, and figs; bake 15 minutes more. Cool completely before serving.
7. Pack trail mix in an airtight container and head to a picnic.