Breakfast Grilled Cheese with Smoked Sausage
Add a Farmland twists to your childhood fav.
Prep Time: 20 mins.
1 lb. of Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup of half and half
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
4 slices whole wheat bread
1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
1) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned for 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks. Drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
2) In a medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture in skillet and cook 3 to 5 minutes until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Set aside.
3) With a butter knife, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices, buttered-side down, on work surface. Divide sausage, eggs and cheese evenly on both slices. Top with remaining slices, buttered-side up.
4) Heat the skillet over low heat. Add sandwiches and cover; cook, turning once with a spatula, until golden brown and the cheese has just melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5) Slice and serve immediately.