1. In medium sauté pan, over medium heat, add bacon to pan and cook until crispy. Remove and reserve, leaving bacon fat in pan.
2. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until caramelized.
3. Add bacon back to pan along with remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to simmer and cook until liquid is reduced and mixture is thickened.
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
4. Add wet ingredients all at once to dry ingredients. Stir until just incorporated. (Try not to over-mix batter.)
5. Add small amounts of batter to waffle maker to create mini waffles. Cook until crispy and golden.Serve with Bacon-Maple Marmalade and additional syrup, as well as berries, if desired.