Chicken Fried Bacon
"Wait," you might say. "Isn't bacon already fried?" To that we reply: Not. Like. This. Here's how you can make Chicken Fried Bacon for yourself.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
15 strips of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Thick Cut Bacon
1 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1 cup of Buttermilk
1 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons of Chili Powder
1 teaspoon of Paprika
Salt and Pepper
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them together until they are combined nicely.
2. Add eggs and milk to the mixture and continue to whisk until all the lumps have gone and the mixture is smooth. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
3. Dip a strip of bacon in, swirl it around and then place it in a pan of vegetable oil or a deep fryer at 350°F.
4. Fry the bacon for 10 minutes, until the outside is crispy and brown.
5. Eat the crispy bacon goodness.