Ham Hand Pies with Apple Jam and Goat Cheese
Homemade dough is filled with the perfect marriage of goat cheese, diced ham, and apple jam to make these sensational hand pies.
Prep Time: 40 mins.
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
6 tablespoons of butter, cut into small cubes, kept cold
1 medium egg
1/4 cup of ice water
2 teaspoons of white vinegar
1/2 cup of apple jam
6 oz. of Farmland® Diced Ham
1 egg combined with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In bowl of food processor, pulse flour and salt a few times until combined. Add in butter and pulse a few additional times, until mixture has a few pea-sized chunks remaining.
3. In small bowl, combine egg, water, and vinegar. Stir to combine.
4. While pulsing, slowly add liquid mixture to processor and pulse just until a ball forms. Remove, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes and up to overnight.
5. Roll out dough to roughly 1/16-inch thickness on floured work surface. Make sure to check that the bottom is floured throughout this process. Using 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut out circles from dough.
6. For each circle, add apple jam to center, followed by diced ham, and then goat cheese. Brush edges with egg wash, fold over to seal, and crimp with back of fork.
7. Arrange hand pies on parchment-lined sheet tray, brush tops with more egg wash, and season with salt.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.