Mini Breakfast Bread Bowls with Asparagus and Gruyere
4 mini pretzel rolls, unsliced
8 oz. of Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons of milk
1 cup of chopped asparagus
1 cup of Gruyere cheese, divided
4 green onions, sliced thinly
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice off very top of roll and scoop out insides. Place scooped-out rolls on parchment-lined sheet tray.
3. In medium sauté pan, cook pork sausage over medium heat until crispy and cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In medium bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk to combine. Add in reserved sausage, asparagus, ¾ of cheese and green onions. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
5. Carefully pour egg mixture into bread bowls and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake until eggs are cooked through and bread is toasted, approximately 15 - 20 minutes.