Rice with Braised Chicken Thighs
Our savory ham gives this juicy chicken dish a delicious touch. It beats ordering takeout any night of the week.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
6 Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Thighs
6 tablespoons of Cooking Oil, divided
1 box of Chicken Stock or Broth
1 package of Farmland® Diced Ham
1/2 pound of Chicken Livers, finely chopped
1 cup of Chopped Onion
1/2 cup of Chopped Celery
1/2 cup of Chopped Green Bell Pepper
4 cups of Hot Cooked Rice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley Leaves
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken thighs on all sides. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high flame.
2. Sear chicken on all sides and transfer to casserole dish or Dutch oven. Pour chicken stock/broth over and heat over medium heat until liquid boils.
3. Cover dish with foil or lid and transfer to oven for about 30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
1. Heat 2 Tbsp. cooking oil in skillet or sauté pan and cook diced ham and chicken livers until brown.
2. Add vegetables and sauté until soft. Add rice and stir until combined; season. Fold in parsley leaves right before serving.
1. Drain chicken thighs and pat dry. Heat about 2 Tbsp. cooking oil over medium-high in a high-sided skillet. Place thigh skin-side down in oil and cook until skin has crisped nicely.
2. Make bed of rice on each plate and top with one chicken thigh.