Salmon Topped with Esquites and Bacon
Created by Chef Carlos Gaytan of Mexique
6 slices of Farmland® Hickory Smoked Classic Cut Bacon
6 fresh epazote leaves*
3 ears of yellow corn, on the cob
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 cup of olive oil
6 salmon pieces, 6oz. each
salt & pepper to taste
1. Arrange bacon strips in a single layer in shallow baking dish. Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 17 minutes or until browned and crisp. Once cooked, crumble the bacon and set aside.
2. In a large pot, boil water and remove corn from husk. Cut the corn off the cob and place in boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. Julienne the epazote leaves.
4. Discard the water and place corn in a bowl, adding mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chili powder and julienned epazote leaves. Mix all ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, sear each piece of salmon, 4 minutes on each side and add a pinch of salt to each side.
6. Place corn mixture on plate; place one piece of salmon in the middle. Top with crumbled bacon.
*Use 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves as a substitute for epazote leaves if unavailable