Sausage Popovers with Caramelized Onions and Mozzarella
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1 teaspoon of lback pepper
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 large eggs
1 cup of whole milk
1 tablespoon of melted butter, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin pan
1 cup of caramelized onions
6 Farmland® Original Breakfast Sausage Links, cooked, cut into pieces
1 cup of grated mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Once oven is preheated, place 6-opening muffin pan in oven for 10 minutes.
2. While pan is preheating, make batter by combining flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, eggs, milk and 1 tbsp. of melted butter in bowl of food processor. Process mixture for 30 seconds.
3. Carefully remove preheated muffin tin from oven and divide remaining butter among 6 muffin cups.
4. Immediately pour enough batter to come halfway up sides. Working quickly, top each muffin with caramelized onions, sausage pieces and then grated mozzarella.
5. Return to oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.