Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with Sausage Gravy
Crispy brown fingerling potatoes are topped with homemade sausage gravy, cheese curds, and pickled peppers to make this deliciously decadent brunch dish.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
6 oz. of Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll
1/4 cup of yellow onion, minced
2 tablespoons of unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of milk
2 cups of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 pound of fingerling potatoes, cooked, smashed slightly
2 teaspoons of chives, chopped
2 cups of cheese curds
1/2 cup of pickled peppers
1. In medium sauté pan, cook sausage until rendered and well browned. Remove and reserve.
2. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add butter until melted; then whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk and chicken stock, whisking thoroughly. Add in reserved sausage. Cook over medium heat until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add more liquid if necessary to thin. Season to taste.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Heat vegetable oil in an over-safe skillet over high heat. Add smashed fingerling potatoes and cook until crispy and well browned, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Top potatoes with Sausage Gravy and cheese curds. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with chives and pickled peppers.