Summer Grilled Pizza
Take advantage of the long days of summer! Fire up the grill and make some delicious pizzas with sausage for dinner and enjoy the extra hours of fun outdoors.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
1 package of favorite ready made pizza dough
1 pound of fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
3/4 cups of favorite pizza sauce
1 package of Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll, cooked
1 green pepper, sliced
Minced Fresh Rosemary
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Sprinkle the back of a sheet pan with flour. Prepare toppings and pour some vegetable oil into a small bowl. Get everything organized and ready to take outside.
2. Using your hands, press the dough out thin rectangle. Pull the dough up and sprinkle more flour underneath to keep the dough loose.
3. Prepare the grill for high direct heat. Using tongs, dip a folded paper towel in vegetable oil and rub on grates. Carefully slide pizza dough onto the grill. Close grill and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Using tongs, lift dough and check to see if lightly brown.
4. Using tongs and a sheet pan, flip the pizza dough, so it’s grilled-side up. Brush pizza crust with olive oil and spread on pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella, green onion and Farmland sausage. Close grill and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes or until the bottom is a crispy brown and cheese melts. If the dough is browning but the toppings still need more time, lower the heat and let cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Transfer pizza to a cutting board. Sprinkle with rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Serve.